PE and Sport Grant Funding
The PE & Sports Grant is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to improve PE & Sport participation and ensure that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles. In 2015-2016 the PE & Sports Grant allocation was £5300 and was used to employ high quality coaching staff from SC Education Ltd, a specialist sports provider to:
- Assist teaching staff in developing their teaching skills in aspects of PE & Sports with a view to improving the quality and level of provision across school
- Provide a focused, multi-sport programme for all pupils during the academic year 2016-2017
- To purchase a range of resources to support the teaching and learning of sports activities.
How do we know if this is making a difference?
- The Sports Coach & Teachers monitor the progress of all our pupils in school on a half termly basis.
- Where appropriate Teaching Assistants support the coach and report to teachers the achievement of the pupils.
- We reflect on the progress of individual children over time to ensure they are developing physically, learning new skills and enjoying PE.
The primary purpose of this funding is to ensure that all children participate in PE & Sports activities that are challenging and promote a healthy lifestyle. The activities currently being provided are working well and children are responding enthusiastically to the various activities due to the high quality coaching. Teaching staff benefit from the professional input of PE specialists and this is enhancing other PE & Sports activities, both in timetabled lessons and break times.
The funding grant for September 2017 has not been specified yet. Should we receive funding it will be used to provide further teaching input, out of school activities and high quality sports resources. It will also be used for continuing professional development opportunities for teaching staff.